Sunday, May 6, 2012

Six spices to burger perfection

I don't normally eat hamburgers. When I'm at a cookout and I'm asked "hot dog or hamburger?", I always go with hot dog. Maybe it's because you can't really screw up a hot dog, but a hamburger can taste like flavorless burger-char if grilled wrong or underseasoned. Today, though, I found my way to burger heaven via the spice rack in my apartment:


Freshly ground sea salt
Freshly ground pepper (McCormick peppercorn medley)
McCormick basil & garlic Perfect Pinch
White Pepper
Cayenne Pepper
Dried rosemary leaves

Okay, so it's technically seven spices with the McCormick basil & garlic blend. All I did was take each spice and lightly coat one side of the raw ground beef. I used less of the cayenne pepper and rosemary- and looking back, I probably should have broken up the rosemary leaves a bit. (Ground rosemary also would have worked, but I don't have that.) Then I shaped it into a patty and put it on this thing:







My sandwich maker that doubles as a George Foreman grill. (I made sure the patty was a little flatter than the last time I tried to make burgers- it turned out to be an inch-thick, mostly pink mess. Yuck.) Soon enough, I had my perfect burger:





Topped (or in this case of this picture, bottomed) with a spread of Alouette Light Garlic & Herbs cheese.

I think I prefer this to a hot dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment